Care and Use
Like any good product it needs specific care and use guidance. The Ceramic Knife is great for slicing softer foods such as cake, sushi, boneless meat, soft cheese, fruit etc. However it is not designed to the jobs that required twisting, prying or chopping.
- Do not use it to cut on harder foods such as frozen foods or boning meat.
- Use only plastic or bamboo or wood cutting board to cut the food.
- Do not put the knife in the dishwasher.
- Hand washing in warm water with mild soap immediately after use to avoid food sticking to the blade.
- Always store the knife in the original case or a knife block to maintain its quality.
- Avoid dropping on hard surfaces; hitting against china or flatware; putting the blade in open flame (ceramic conducts heat); scraping hard surfaces; turning the blade on its side to smash garlic or other items; applying force to the side of the blade.
- Do not put your finger on the blade, the blade is very sharp. Like any sharp objects, keep the knife out of children reach.
Store in a knife block/sheath/tray or on a dish drain; use care when storing and removing the knife from a knife block to avoid tip damage; storing any knife upright (sharp edge up) or sideways in a knife block reduces wear to the knife edge.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability
The products sold by Laguna Cutlery; the division of the Market of America (MOFA) is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for one year after its original purchase date. In the event such a defect occurs, Laguna Cutlery will refund, repair or replace the defective products free of charge.
Factory defects will be replaced or refunded less shipping cost.
This warranty does not cover the damage caused by normal wear and tear, improper use of or accidental damage to the product.
This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. Proof of purchase is required.
If the knife needs to be sharpening, bring it to the qualified knife shop that has a powered diamond sharpening wheel.
The Procedure for Warranty Replacement:
The original purchase must pack the knives securely and send it postage paid stating the problem or defect with proof of the purchase, and a check or money order for $9.99 per knife to cover return postage and handling to 16200 Scientific Way, Irvine, CA 92618, USA.
We will not process returns that are missing proper documentation and/or shipping and handling charges.
Due to the fact that the ceramic knife is handcrafted each blade is unique, therefore there may be slight variations in blade size. The size stated is the length of the blade rounded to the nearest whole number.
We will not replace due to the slight variation of the blade size.
The warranty above sets forth the full extent of Laguna Cutlery; the division of MOFA’s responsibilities regarding the products covered by this warranty.
Repair, replacement, or refund of the purchase price, at Laguna Cutlery’s option, is the exclusive remedy.
Laguna Cutlery (or Market of America Inc.) no other warranties, either express or implied, regarding the knife relating to its quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
In no event, shall MOFA or Laguna Cutlery be liable for any loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, lost of profits or savings, or other indirect, consequential or special damages arising out of the use or inability to use such product, to the full extent such may be disclaimed by law. In no event will Laguna Cutlery or MOFA’s liability exceed the original purchase price of the knife.